Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Wee Paws

When a hilly city is also a megacity and the street signs are in unfamilair <to me> script, it is a recipe for confusion.
Thankfully, I have my compass with me.
Yes, the googleMaps and GPS technology are wonderful things, but when the markers and InternetOfThings added to the maps are very conjested, and also <to me> unreadable, I just walk and walk and walk.
Yesterday the place I sought had a Primary School and a Buddhist Temple near by.  I found both but..  Both were not the ones adjacent my destination but were rather, another different primary school and a different temple.
I thankfully, got to see the side streets <to me lanes>.  Everthing is so clean and organized.  Here, though, I had trouble finding my salvation coffeeShopWIFI.  I have no SIM now... only two more days on land.
A patisserista helped me find my way.  As usual, I'd over estimated my distance.  My destination was much closer than I'd guaged from the map.  I had wandered into a whole diffferent neighbourhood. I had gone under the tracks, thinking these were the tracks I'd just exited at Sakuragicho Station, but noooo, it was a completely different line.  So, my logic was sound, but my assessment of the landmarks was flawed.
Kudos to me though, I didn't need a TAXI.  I am though, sick of hauling luggage, and now, at this juncture, that is so very over. <Well, except for Vanc.>
In a couple of days, WIFI will be sketchy.  I will be on the Pacific, with pay-as-you-go internet, so might give it a pass, moreso than a play.  We shall see.
I have been writing, other than this blog, and am pleased about that.
Right now, I am listening to Hayden's Cello Concertos.  It is very soothing.
My room is teensy, but clean.
I cased out the local area last night and know now where I am in this Yokohama on the waterfront. 
I am happy and so in love with living.  People are marvelous, everywhere.
Do not believe what the media spouts.
Rain.  I have seen very little over the past 60-ish days.
And yes.  I do miss Maestro's wee paws.
~~n Post35 Day58/75

No comments:

Post a Comment