Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Friends

I am travelling solo. As we all do. "We walk alone."
Who I am as I walk along unfamiliar roads is who I am at home.  I am one and the same.
Yet, in preparation for my travels, I visualize myself in the places I am projected to be.  Can I be a bathing beauty strolling sunny beach?  Can I be the sophisticated traveller, hailing a taxi on a crowded hubbub of ultra high rises?  Can I be the casual commuter moving toward an unknown destination? Will the green sign gods guide me on foreign highways? Can I find food without fluster?  Can I use money with flare?
Travelling solo is not new to me. I have been every version of myself that I must, and will be again.
The difference now is that I feel faceless.  Less and less I feel seen.  More and more I welcome invisiblity.  And, I thank age for that gift.
I feel happily able to find my way.  To plod along.  Step by destination.  Place by self-imposed deadline. I have bookings and plans, but if things change, there is always an option.  Stay.  Rearrange. Be flexible.
I am not one who ever gets lonely, but as I move through 75 days of new spaces and faces, it is heartening to know that I can ponder the people back in my heart's home.  The ones who know me.  It is beautiful to be in someone else's mind.  A miracle really.
I have no urgency. No sights to see, or places to be.  But I will luckily feel the world pass by me, just as if I am home in Manitoba.
I relish some seaside.
I relish some boat ride.
I will be from away.
~n post#3 day-8/75

No comments:

Post a Comment