Thursday, February 28, 2019

Dawn Landing

The plane was nicer.  Smoother and quieter.  Embarked 01:35. Disembarked 06:00. Four and a half hours chair sleeping.  It was still dark when we landed and still was, even after baggage and customs.  Not many around the PV airport except the tourists from the one and only plane.  The sky was starkly beautiful. The stars and crescent moon were less blurry, somehow.  Mind you I had my dark blue sunglasses on at night.  I must try that at home some time.
Taxi 400 pesos. Bus 25. So I found my way across the highway and fumbled onto the local bus heading north just as the dusk was clearing. It was empty when I got on, filled up to standing room, then was clearing by the time we reached Bucerias, supposedly 18kms up.  I had google-mapped the area so had some idea where I was headed.  By 7:45 I saw the Bucerias sign and hopped off, too soon, and spent 90 minutes bumping my bags around cobbles and curbs, but it was nice to see the morning activity.  By 9:30 traffic was blaring on the thru road toward Sayulita, but one street west, toward the water, it was quaint as marketeers were setting up, leisurely-like.
I eventually had to find wifi (Americano) to locate my accommodations.  I am on that main drag, but my pad is deep in off the street and surprisingly quiet.  All tiled in cool concrete-ish stucco. Cream, mustard and orange paint and sculpted decor. Makes me hungry.. except for the cream. Just a bed and bathroom, but fine for me.
Rosalita and Karime are my hosts and I expect to want for nada for the next two weeks. $358 abnb.  Karime is having a baby on Monday... grandson for Rosalita.  After finding them, and my place, the greeting was warm and I am exhausted.
I am near the big church.  Two streets up from the water.
~~nancy Post#7 Day2/75 

1 comment:

  1. We have some good friends that just got to sayulita! If you see a big guy with a beard and a red headed wife say hi! Enjoy yourself lady!

    ReplyDelete