Thursday, February 21, 2019

Road Trip

My old friend and my new friend.  Steve and Maestro.
Having a fur baby has its bonuses and also its detriments. Maestro is my Havanese roommate.  He should be named Shredder for the damage he does.  He is assertive and demanding.  He has a very high opinion of himself, hence the moniker. The boss of you and me.
But he is kind of cute.  And he is more than attentive, obsessive would be a more apt adjective.  He follows me from room to room.
Somehow though, despite being annoying, he has won my heart.  I can identify with that, human to human.  My sage of a mother would say, "He's himself."
As I launch myself across the planet I recognize that this would be too hard on him. He is small enough to fly, but shitting on city streets is not fun for anyone, and especially a proud high born, self-centred mutt like wee Maestro.
So, he is heading to The Valley.  Steve will whip him into obedience... (not a chance)... and Maestro will go nose to nose with the mysterious Ragnarok.  The large black wraith of a cat that stayed in Manitoba after Charley moved to warmer climes on THE island. He will get to rule the cabin yard and bark at the deer.
Will he remember me?  Will he curl up at my feet when I get home, or will he snub me for my abandoning him? His is a dog's life. We give them our best.  I am grateful that he will be safe and loved while I am away, but despite his aloofness, I will look forward to his shredding and barking upon my return.  Good boy.
~~n post#4 day-7/75

p.s.  I am still practicing on my wee system. 10 minutes start to finish.

2 comments:

  1. Maestro will remember you when you return and be happy to see you, he's a dog. Had he been a cat it would be a different story.

    ReplyDelete