Monday, February 25, 2019

Baggage

One more sleep.  My goal is to travel light. This is my baggage for 75days. Yes. I will wear a coat and carry a shoulder folio.  Also my yoga mat is rolled inside the black bag.
I got notification that all battery powered items must be turned off for flights. Tablet. Phone. Speaker. Keyboard. Headlamp. Kobo. Battery Booster. MP3 player. Everything is in the red bag.  All oldschool stuff. I have cables and adapters.
I am sick of getting ready and am already gone between the ears.
Yes.  I will miss this corner of the planet but it has indeed been a cold and difficult winter.  I feel regret at missing the spring and anticipate flooding, especially if there is a sudden thaw.  So, I already know that my thoughts will be bouncing back in this direction while I am away.
All of my bookings: cars, flights, ferries, rooms, passages, every confirmation is in email, png, and hard copy.  I don't think I can botch it up.
My first stop is a sentimental throwback to the people of my long gone but still loved brother Rick.  I will surprise these folk who mark his life, and passage, annually. I wonder if they will remember me.  I imagine myself sitting in a corner and observing them for a while before stepping forward.  Or sometimes I imagine seeing them walking on the beach, completely unaware that I am in their midst.  Creepy, eh.  No.  I won't spy.
This will be my last post from home.  The next ones will be in transit or in situ, or at least somewhat settled.
One pair of shoes.
~~n post#5 Day-2/75

No comments:

Post a Comment