Sunday, March 3, 2019

Inside Out

I have cleaned my sleeping quarters. I have very simple lodgings. A nice big bed and adjacent shower/toilet, a wee table and chairs, a sitting chair, and a dressing mirror, all under a 12 foot ceiling.  Tiled.  Fan and AC.  There is a bit of a paint smell when I enter, but in general, it is clean and spacious enough for me. I have a private hallway, I've yet to see a passerby, so leave my door gently ajar with the fan running, and fresh air exchanges.
I returned from a 90 minute walk.  I left at 06:15 and walked the beach south toward PV, in the dark.  My crescent moon is changing position. I had to jump a couple of waves to keep my keens dry, and after 45 minutes of listening to the waves drop onto the sand, and watching the froth scallop the path ahead of me, dawn was nigh. I stopped in front of a walled waterfront hotel with a beach volleyball court on its ocean side, and did my Yandara flow.  Twice through.  By then, there were other walkers.  I cut through east, away from Bahia de Banduras, between two highend hotels where a storm drain exits to the big water, and ambled back north along the lowroad that parallel's the waterfront.
It was 07:30 by then, and still very quiet from a humanoid perspective. The shops and restaurants and bars were all tightly wrapped.  Gradually, I faced a few other walkers, and some lanky dogs.  I did not hustle.  It was a nice slow walk past the fancy joints, across the gulch bridge, through the battened down day market and into the village cental park and gathering place.  The church bells rang at 07:45 and I stood by the church wall to listen to the preacher, or priestly male voice.  It was casual.  The Sunday gathering had begun, yet jeans-clad couples still entered through the archways and elders sat on outside ledges as the lesson echoed into the street. Onward, I stopped for a Tiny Americano and made my way into my building and straight to the roof.  I have found a corner, clean and dry, that gets no sun.  A chair and an inverted 5-gallon pail serve me well.  It is private and all mine.
I read until my coffee was downed and returned to initiate the cleaning.  It was called for. Mr. Montezuma found me last night so I will be analyzng my ingestion choices.  I was weak as kitten through the worst of it, but robust enough to walk this morning and feel recovered, but cautious.  Yes.  Purchased water.  No. All fruit was washed.  Locally made tortillas? No. No meats so far.  Some canned fish. I bought a small dish, and used it without washing it.  It is now clean and washed. Shrugs. I swear I've had a war-torn gullet because of my childhood of eating dirt and my poor handwashing habits, but I guess not.
~~n Post#10 Day5/75

5 comments:

  1. Feeling good. Will post any setbacks here, should one occur, but all seems normal. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From past time in mexico and gangs of testy dogs---when walking at odd hours or odd grubby areas and then encountering groups of mean n lean stray dogs always keep an eye out for golf ball sized rocks for your protection. Just the act of leaning over as if you are picking rocks will deter them. Safety first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little spot on the rooftop sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shade is at a premium. I like my breezy spot.

    ReplyDelete