Saturday, March 2, 2019

Routine

I am easing into a routine.  Like home, early mornings are better.  My sleeping room has minimal outside light, so I yearn to get out quickly.  Morning streets are the quietest.  This is a loud and bustling village.  I get plenty of sublime quiet at home, so no complaints, but it takes a bit of adjustment.
This morning, remembering my Dawn Landing, I rose at 06:30 and ambled toward the sea, two short blocks west of me.  That crescent moon is still with me, so I grabbed a quick snapshot. I did my Yandara flow on the sand, shoes on.  Dancer was tricky, but the rest went okay.  Ground leg toward the sea.  Twice through.  Not epic, but done (dun).  My favourite colour.
The past two days, I have been casing out the village.  I had my second cup of local Americano, and well, caffeine.  It is okay in the morning.
Like everywhere, the morning, pre-dawn folk are the workers, mustering around gravel piles, ladders, and pick-up trucks loaded with tools and equipment. I am greeted cordially as the men laugh and smile among one another. All are gracious toward their travelling interlopers.  Like me.
Routine, sans surprise, is what I expect; day by day adjustment to the community and my rhythm here.  I have no excursions planned.  I do not need consumer kitch. It is simply passage of time.  Moderate exercise, sunshine, fresh air and pleasant observation.  It is interesting to acknowledge the different ways of living and earning.  Here is an open community, by comparison.  Winter definitely shuts us into our little boxes.
~~n Post#9 Day4/75

No comments:

Post a Comment